I would like to share some of the interesting facts I was reading on the web page of “Better Sleep Better Life” (better-sleep-better-life.com). I really found this information helpful.
Factors that most negatively impact sleep:
It may help to know that you are not alone when struggling to fall a sleep. Approximately 25% of people struggle with some form of sleep disorder. Sleep deprivation can impose negative influences on individuals and the people around them. Inadequate sleep can put your health at risk and become a safety issue
When you get quality sleep on a regular basis you’ll..
– wake-up easily when the alarm goes off, without feeling tired
– you will have quicker reflexes, clearer though processing and energy to spare
– feeling cheerful and not depressed
– reduce your risk of serious illness
I also read-up on a few sleeping disorders (parasomnias) and list them for you below. Make some time and go do some research on all the disorders, maybe you can identify a reason for your lack of sleep.
- Sleep Talking (Somniloquy)
- Sleep Walking (Somnambulism)
- Sleep Paralysis
- Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
- Sleep Eating (sleep-related eating disorder)
- REM (rapid eye movement) Sleep Behavior
- Bruxism (grinding your teeth)